Fees and Finance
An Australian Government initiative, the Mid-Career Checkpoint program assists people who have spent time out of the workforce undertaking caring responsibilities and who are now looking to return to paid employment. Altenatively, you may have recently entered the workforce but would like support to advance or change your career.
This funding program is provided by BUSY At Work
*Please CONTACT BUSY At Work to check your Eligibility (Ph: 13 28 79) ‘subject to eligibility’
OR download FACT SHEET
BUSY At Work is the contracted provider to deliver this pilot program in the state of Queensland – we are here to support your successful career transition! The program has three entry points:
- ‘Stepping Back In’ provides access to skills and employment assessment services and advice on reentry into the workforce, including suggestions for professional and skills development.
- ‘Stepping Up’ supports carers who have recently returned to the paid workforce with access to advice on advancing or changing their career.
- General entry – access to the program if you are an existing worker in a designated industry.
What does the program involve?
Working one-on-one with a BUSY At Work Career Guide, Participants receive:
- a free skills and employment assessment,
- tailored career advice and coaching sessions,
- a customised Skills, Training and Employment Plan (STEP) in line with your employment goals,
- potential funding of up to $3,000 to support training, if this is the recommendation in your STEP.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the program, you need to:
- have been out of the paid workforce for six
months or more, and
- have been undertaking caring responsibilities, and
- be looking to return to work or advance your career.
- OR be an existing worker in a designated industry*.
Austudy is Financial help to full-time students and Australian Apprentices aged 25 years or more. Eligibility basics are as following:
- Aged 25 years or more, and
- studying full-time in an approved course at an approved educational institution, or
- undertaking a full-time Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship
Our courses are approved by Austudy. For more information, please visit Centrelink site.
Zeefi is Australia’s first dedicated private student loan provider. It allows students to have full control over their loans by empowering them to manage and track loans effectively, with simple terms, a responsible funding method and a dedicated student access portal. Please visit ZeeFi site or Download Document
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- 18 years of age or older
- Holds an Australian bank account
- Employed full-time or part-time for a minimum of six months prior to application
- Can demonstrate a capacity to service the loan
- No foreseeable change to circumstances at time of application
Options *click the option below for more information