February 28th, March 5th, 13th & 20th
9AM - 4PM
Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- Anatomy and Physiology of pregnancy, labour & birth, postpartum and lactation
- Understanding of the stages of pregnancy
- Understanding low risk and high risk pregnancies
- Understanding your scope of practice within the multi disciplinary team and how to gain informed consent and write notes
- Contraindications to massage during each stage of the perinatal period
- Common musculoskeletal conditions during the perinatal period
- Safe and comfortable positioning and draping of the client
- Adaptation of massage strokes, areas to avoid during each stage of the perinatal period
- Massage routine for pregnancy, labour and postpartum
- Massage routine for baby massage
- Scar tissue massage and mobilisation
During pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period women’s bodies go through drastic changes. Massage during the perinatal period is very helpful in assisting women to cope with both the physical and emotional changes that can occur.
You will also learn how to adapt your massage treatment to give individualised woman centred care during this time period so that you are able to provide an enjoyable, relaxing, safe and remedial pregnancy massage.
An experienced Registered Midwife and Remedial Massage therapist in a 4 day comprehensive course as you learn the most up to date evidence-based practice to provide massage therapy care for women during the perinatal period (pregnancy, labour and postpartum), you will also learn how to massage babies and be able to share those skills and teach parents.
To enrol, students will need to provide evidence that they have completed Swedish massage. This course is delivered by an experienced Registered Midwife and Remedial Massage therapist.
You can enrol and pay online by completing the form below or download a PDF version of the enrolment form here