9AM - 4PM
Anatomy knowledge & Massage experience
- Anatomy and Physiology of pregnancy
- Understanding of the stages of pregnancy
- How to help alleviate non pathological discomforts during pregnancy
- Contraindications to massage
- Safe and comfortable positioning of the client
- Adaptation of massage strokes, areas to avoid
- Massage routine for pregnancy
- Postpartum massage
During pregnancy women’s bodies go through drastic changes. Massage during the second and third trimester of pregnancy is very helpful in assisting women to cope with both the physical and emotional changes that happen.
There are a lot of cautionary issues though to be understood in order to massage safely during this important time.
You will learn about the relevant physical changes and how to accommodate them in your massage and you will be able to deliver enjoyable, relaxing, safe, remedial pregnancy massage. You will also learn when and how to perform postpartum massages.
To enrol, students will evidence that they have completed Swedish Massage. This course is delivered by a fully qualified massage therapist.